Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I would like to cover a few things...

I was speaking with good friend, and 30th birthday party musician Adam yesterday, and we were discussing the musical selections for the upcoming party. We had thought that having he and his band play about 10 of their own tunes, along with the same number of cover songs would be a good plan. Obviously they are responsible for coming up with their songs, but he wanted me to come up with 10-12 cover songs for them to play. This is no easy task, as you have to decide between a number of factors. Do you simply want your favorite songs played, which may not be party favorites? Do you go with a mix of your faves and party tunes? Well, I can't decide, and I need help from you. I'll toss some ideas out there, and I want input from you to help me fill out the playlist. Here we go...

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer

Jane's Addiction - Jane Says

Sublime - What I Got

There are many others I would like to hear, including some rendition of Bust A Move or Baby Got Back or something fun like that. I think people would enjoy some sort of 80's or 90's rap cover songs. Anyways, give me your input and let's see what kind of list we can put together for the band!