Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend wrapup, more like weekend nap up...

Going into Friday night I was basically death warmed over. I had been hacking and coughing for a couple of days, my nose was running like an out of control faucet and I was so tired I needed toothpicks to prop my eyes open for the evening commute. That, my friends, is an awesome way to start your weekend! Well, let me tell you, I decided to ignore how craptastic I felt and put on my dance pants... No, no I didn't. I ate my dinner in bed and was lights out while watching the Celtics game. In fact, that was most of my weekend. I literally slept most of my weekend. Feel much better today though, so I would say it was well worth it.

Sunday was a different story, and thank god. We got moving at a fairly decent time and took our furry, brown pooch to Bradbury Mountain in Pownal. Now, mountain may be a bit of a stretch, but it's a great place to go for a hike or a bike ride, and it was just gorgeous there yesterday. We hiked up the South Ridge trail and eventually made our way to the summit to enjoy the beautiful view. It was a great hike and Yawkey, our rambunctious lab had a blast. From there we went to Brunswick to run a few errands and poke around the indoor flea market. After getting a few things we needed, a few things we didn't, and not finding other things we did need, we made our way to the Lion's Pride.

For those of you who have not yet been to the Lion's Pride in Brunswick, what the hell are you waiting for?! As they put it, it's where art, food and beer meet, and boy oh boy are they right. They have a great selection of hard to find beers from all over Europe and a few closer to home, and they have an excellent food menu. I got my favorite, the Chimay Burger, which is covered in the most amazing cheeses. Nichole got the steak and cheese, which may be moving up the list to my new favorite, as it was incredible. The staff there are awesome. They are extremely knowledgeable, very passionate about both their beers and their food, and they are just plain fun to chat with. Nichole and I tend to go at an off time, like around 3:00. We usually have the bar to ourselves and have a good time trying different beers and chatting up the bartender. I highly recommend getting your butts to this fine establishment in Brunswick, and soon!

We capped the weekend with a viewing of the Patriots game from our sweatpants on the couch. I may have only seen the first half and woke up covered in sweat at 1:30 AM, but it was nice to know that the Pats smacked the Steelers around a little and even though Tom Brady didn't give me enough fantasy points to beat Pierson's Pats, I'll take a New England Patriots win every time. All is all, it was a damn good weekend, and I'm feeling 100% better today. I guess it's time to tackle another week. I'm just saying...