Friday, November 5, 2010

A new format and a commitment to consistency...

The past few weeks were crazy. I barely remember half of it, and the parts I do remember involved lots of running around and work. It's nice to finally be able to take a deep breath. While I'm still not over what happened Tuesday night / Wednesday morning, it's nice to see things slow down a little. I would like to apologize for not being more consistent on here, it was hard to focus my thoughts onto the page with all the political happenings going on around me. With all that behind us, I plan on putting more emphasis on the blog, but in a much more structured way. I've been very political lately, some people enjoy it, some people won't read it. I'm looking to start doing a little something for everyone going forward. I also have a hidden agenda...

I've been thinking about how I want to structure things on here, and I feel like the best way to move this forward is to have specific topics discussed, and scheduled for certain days. Going forward, my plan looks like this...

Monday - Recap the weekend events, either personally or from the news.

Tuesday - Discuss the sporting world.

Wednesday - Pot Pouri. No, not the smelly stuff you have in a basket in your house. This is more of a day for whatever. One week it might be discussing global warming, the next it could questioning why monkeys like to throw their poop, I just don't know what the topic will be, but it will be different each week.

Thursday - Rant day. I need to have a day to just get shit off my chest. This will probably turn into a day of Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin bashing, but it will depend on what is going on in the world.

Friday - I plan on doing something different every other week. One week will discuss the state/national political scene. The other week will be a platform for me to toss out my thoughts and ideas. I plan on running for office at some point, so I will use it as a chance to get feedback from all of you, be it positive or negative. I have a mental plan in place for how I want to go about running for office, but I want to use the time leading up to it as an opportunity to talk to all of you, get your feedback and thoughts, even if you tear me apart, I want to hear it.

I figure with a specific topic scheduled for each day of the week you will know what to expect going in to it each day. Now, this of course puts some pressure on me to deliver. I have been less than stellar at being consistent on here, so I'll have to get my shit together. I just want to go back to having fun on here. I've been so caught up in politics that I have pushed the blog to the side, and I'm back. Thanks to everyone for continuing to read and follow along, this has been fun so far, and it's only going to get better! I'm just saying...