Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rumblings and grumblings...

Oh, hi! Remember me? Yeah, I've been on deaths door now for a couple of days. After taking the afternoon off yesterday and getting a measly 15 hours sleep, I'm back today. Of course, I get back to the office in time for an early close. Oh well, fine by me! As we get ready for the biggest eating day of the year tomorrow, I'll leave you with a few thoughts bouncing around in my head...

Everyone is making a huge deal about the new TSA screenings at the airports. What is this all about you ask?! Well, basically, if they feel you look suspicious they can ask you to get patted down, and if you refuse the pat down you can have the full body scan. Now, the full body pat down consists of just that, a full body pat down. Now, call me crazy, but I'm fine with a full body pat down if it means I am safer on the airplane. I'm not a huge fan of flying in the first place, so anything that makes the experience a little safer is just fine with me. Perhaps everyone should take an extra minute before heading to the airport to ensure they look a little less suspicious...

Bristol Palin came in third on Dancing With The Stars, and she was upset about it. Bristol, dear, you only made it as far as you did because mommy paid ABC to keep you there so the Palin name was in the news. You sucked. You were so bad you caused a guy in Wisconsin to shoot his television set. Now, as if a show about dancing wasn't bad enough, now the geniuses at ABC are putting out Skating With The Stars. Hey dude from Wisconsin, hopefully you have more ammunition for that gun...

Now, I'm obviously not a NY Yankee fan. In fact, I despise them. Along those same lines I really don't like Derek Jeter. Sure, he's had a good career, but all the love he has garnered gets old. His stats are declining, he's getting older, and he's not worth a huge contract at this point. That being said, he's been the face of the Yankees forever, and they should just overpay him like every other player and make this all go away. Since they are not, I say the Red Sox make a gross offer to him, see if they can lure him away from NY. How amazing would it be to just sign him to say F U to the Yankees! Again, he wouldn't help us at this point in his career, but it would be pretty funny!

The big Harry Potter movie just came out, and I have to say, I just don't get it?! What the hell is the big deal? Can someone please explain why these movies have people wetting themselves with excitement? Sure, they may be enjoyable movies, but I truly am bewildered by the way people get into them. To me, the Potter series, the Lord of the Rings movies and the Twilight series are an absolute mystery to me. Magic? Werewolves? Wizards? Vampires? I'm sorry, I'm not following. I'd, honestly, rather watch Gigli (that disaster of a film with Bennifer in it) or any movie with Carrot Top or Gilbert Godfried in it...

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'm going to eat myself stupid. I get really excited for green bean casserole, stuffing and putting gravy on everything. What I don't get excited about is that goopy cranberry "sauce" stuff. What the hell is that? It looks more like Jello than any kind of sauce. Perhaps it tastes good, but I'm not putting that weird looking stuff in my belly when I could have a second (or fourth) helping of stuffing.

Well, I want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'll be heading over to my parent's place with my daughter. If all goes well, we will eat our respective weights in dinner and desert. Our family tradition is to go to L.L. Bean in Freeport after dinner to walk around and try to burn off a little bit of what we ate. Also this year, the Patriots are playing against the Lions. It will be nice to be able to care about one of the teams playing on Thanksgiving for once. Anyways, I hope everyone has a great weekend and we'll catch back up on Monday! I'm just saying...