Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fantasy football, and some old fashioned frisbee flinging fun...

So, I recently made my first real attempt at Disc Golf in a good many years, and I have to say, I'm not horrible. I mean, forget the one disc I lost in the middle of a pond, right after fishing it out from the side of the very same pond. You would need to ignore my first drive too, where my throw might have gone 30 feet to my left. There was also that one hole where I chucked it directly into the woods on both the first and third shots. But, other than that, I did decent. Once I figure out the best way to chuck the damn thing, I should be a pretty good frisbee chucker. The one thing I did learn while playing was that it uses some different muscles than I am used to. My back, sides and elbow were a bit sore the day after.

Fantasy football season is now over half done, and for the most part, I'm completely screwed! First of all, I have too many teams, which was my own damn fault. I typically have a couple of teams, one I pay for, one I don't. I have always seen it as a great way to pay attention to the whole league, not just the Patriots. However, with five teams, I am constantly put in a position where I need to cheer for one guy in one league, and against the same guy in another league. Not fun. Take last night, for example. I needed Jeremy Maclin, WR from the Eagles, to give me 20 plus points to win in one league, but I need Michael Vick, QB from the Eagles, to have a bad game in a different league in order to win. Now, unfortunately for me, Michael Vick had a huge game, but Maclin didn't do enough to give me the win, causing me to lose in both leagues, but such is my luck this season.

Across my five leagues, I am a combined 18-31-1, which is pathetic, especially considering I have good teams in each league. I have not caught a break, in fact, I'm a whooping 0-10 in one of my leagues. I haven't won a damn game, nothing, nada. Terrible. I am a consistent top 5 finisher year in and year out, but this year is looking mighty different. I think next year I will go back to 2 teams, maybe 3. It's too hard to have to cheer for teams like the Giants or individuals like Ben Roethlisberger or anybody on the Jets. It makes me feel ill having to root any of them on. I'm just saying...