Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It may have been a blood bath, but I don't feel dirty...

We had a soccer game last night in the co-ed Saco league, and we whooped our opponent, 27-9. Games are typically just at or below double digits, but we had it going last night. You know it is bad when even I score a goal! We were scoring from all angles, and by almost everyone on the team. Poor Nichole tried hard, but was shutout, never really getting an open look. I tried to set her up, but would either get a bad foot on it or another teammate would step in before it got to her. It was fun though, and we had just enough people, no girl subs and one guy sub, that is the way it should be. We all got a good sweat, and had a blast. I'm pretty sure the other team wanted to kill us, but it was just one of those nights. We weren't rubbing things in, we just didn't take our feet of the proverbial gas peddle.

This reminds me of a conversation Nichole and I had the other night at Novare. We were discussing how in high school you develop rivals at other schools and you grow to hate them, and then, in college, you end up sitting beside them in the classroom or playing on the same team and you either become friends with them, which is typically the case, or you just never get past it. We both could think of a handful of people we didn't like from other schools and then realized they were great people as we got to actually know them later in life. We also had a few people that we wouldn't piss on if they were on fire still to this day. They were cocky and were certain that their shit didn't smell bad, and I have no use for a person like that. If you are a good athlete, or one that gets high grades, or grew up in a certain town, or comes from a family with money, good for you, I'm happy for you, but you are not better than me or anybody else because of it. This sort of shit fires me up, because it is ridiculous, and there is no need for it, I'm just saying...