Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Honestly, who is really at fault here?!

As I was doing a little cleaning in the basement last evening I was attempting to tune the television into the Red Sox game when I stumbled upon a program on CNBC about the McDonald's Empire (not your family Tom, sorry!). CNBC's was basically slanting things to say that McDonald's is one of the biggest reason's that America's youth is obese today. Really?! While I understand that Happy Meals come standard with french fries and a soda, and you need to specifically ask for apple slices and water, that doesn't mean you have to eat the fries and soda, you can ask for whatever you want. I think it is crap that anyone can blame McDonald's for anything. They have made strides to offer both high caloric options as well as healthier choices. The person making the order has the option to go either way, and if they choose to eat a cheeseburger and fries, they shouldn't be surprised to find out they are high in calories or fat. The program showed two gentleman acting all shocked to find out that the cheeseburger, chicken nuggets and fries one of them just ate was really high in fat and calories. Seriously dude, are you mentally challenged? Are you really surprised that a fast food cheeseburger and some deep fried chicken and fries are bad for you?! You need McDonald's to tell you that?! I'm not sitting here saying poor McDonald's, I just think this sort of thing is insane. It's like blaming a rapper when some tool bag shoots his girlfriend and says that the music told him to do it. That is just dumb, I'm just saying...