Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's Time To Get OUTSIDE!!

Sun is out, birds are chirping, and I don't think we have a drop of snow left in our yard... That can only mean one thing... Time to get outside and get this place looking good for summer! I have big plans for this place this year, seeing that I have a little more time on my hands compared to last summer, what with the wedding and a full time job and all.

First and foremost, I need to get the lawn green again. Especially the spot in front of the house that I had to dig up during the winter (long story, just note that it involves clogged pipes and poop). With that done, I need to install some gutters, at least above doorways, as we have some frames rotting due to the dripping of rain. I would like to do a patio on the front side of the house, right as you walk out of the basement. 6x8, something small, but big enough for a few chairs and the fire pit. Want to grow some hops and grapes in our front garden this year, would love to be able to use each at some point to make beer and wine. Would also like to do tomatoes and jalapenos, if not a few other vegetables. I want to replace the crushed stone in front of the main steps with brick. Those little white rocks drive me insane! I need to also transfer some big rocks from the woods to various spots on the front side of the house to fill in some holes.

Needless to say, I'm going to be pretty busy this summer with projects. Oh, I also failed to mention the canoe that I am restoring. I need to get that done in time for the Saco River trip. I better get to work! If you need me, you will find me outdoors, enjoying the sun, and getting stuff done!