Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another day, another handful of questions...

Sort of following up from yesterday, I am sitting here, with many more questions than answers still.  According to responders, anti-gun people need to agree that responsible people should be allowed to own guns (which is already the case) and that high capacity ammunition guns are not necessary, but banning them would just piss people off, so we need to hope things just get better on there own.  It turns out that people agree that Sarah Palin is in need of spending some time at home, far, far away from the cameras, Twitter and Facebook.  As for Paul LePage, people think we just need to ignore him and hope that he doesn't completely destroy the state of Maine.  I have to be honest, I'm not real excited by any of these responses.  Anyway, I have some new questions today.  Here we go...

The House of Representatives just passed the repeal of the new health care bill.  Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't stand a chance of passing the Senate, and there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that President Obama will sign off on a repeal, so why are they wasting their time with this?  Wouldn't it behoove them, especially since a growing number of the American people don't want to repeal it, to spend time trying to create jobs, which is the number one priority of the American people?  Shouldn't our politicians, those that our supposed to be representing us, stop wasting time going down a dead end road and do something more constructive?  How about taking pieces of the Affordable Health Care Act and making them better?  Repealing it does no good if you have no backup plan in place.  Do Republicans really want to deny people with pre-existing conditions?  Do they really want to deny coverage on family plans to children up to the age of 26?  And why do they not believe the figures the CBO is tossing out on this issue, but they do on other issues? 

Do women find it sexy when men bathe in cologne?  I understand wanting to smell good, it makes sense.  However, smelling like a whore house isn't attractive, is it?  We've all had a co-worker that didn't know when to stop applying the "sure shag", so what are your thoughts?  Is there such a thing as too much cologne, or perfume for that matter? 

Maine has officially joined a multi-state lawsuit challenging the federal health reform act. Maine Attorney General William Schneider says U.S. District Court Judge Roger Vinson approved Maine's request to join the suit, led by the state of Florida.  Correct me if I am wrong, and believe me, I hope I am, but, wouldn't it be wise to stay out of this?  Governor LePage claims to be fiscally responsible, someone that will cut costs to help Maine get out of the red.  So, with Maine joining this lawsuit, won't we spend a fair chunk of change?  Will us joining the suit increase the chances of winning this lawsuit?  Wouldn't Maine be further ahead to stay out of it, and hope the result works out the way LePage and his team want it to, thus costing Maine nothing?  I don't want any part of this for a couple of reasons.  I don't want to challenge the health care reform act, and I don't want to spend money for no reason, when our inclusion in this lawsuit won't guarantee anything.  Someone let me know if I missed something, please...

I'm sure tomorrow will bring more questions along with it.  Thanks to everyone who plays along.  Oh, and don't forget, call me Mr. Vice President.  I'm just saying...