Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shameless self promotion...

I'm not typically one to tell people it's my birthday, especially now that my twenties have passed me by, but I'm going to have fun with the blog today and toss out a bunch of birthday gift ideas for you guys to run right our and get for me. I mean, I don't really need anything, I can't even begin to tell you how blessed I am. I mean, seriously, I have an amazing wife, the greatest daughter, loving family and friends that mean the world to me, and a roof over my head, what the heck more could I ask for? Well, while I don't need anything, I'm going to give ya'll a list of ideas of what to get the guy who has everything he ever wanted...

1. Season tickets to the Red Sox and Celtics. This is a given, right. I mean, how amazing would it be to sit in the stands for each and every home game for my two favorite teams. Short of actually playing for them, this would be the next best thing for me.

2. 2011 Toyota Prius. We plan on getting one at some point, so if ya'll want to just take care of it for us, that would be sweet. Seriously though, with as much driving as we do, this is a must have. I prefer it in charcoal grey with the full navigation system, please and thank you.

3. An RV and tickets to all the Phish concerts this summer. I would love to follow Phish for one summer, and the best way to do it would be in a nice, new RV. I've have never been to The Greek Theatre or Red Rocks or The Gorge, and think it would be an absolutely amazing time seeing Phish play all these incredible venues. If you wanted to toss in a large amount of PBR's, that would be fine too.

4. A riding lawn mower. If you follow the blog you have heard about my mower struggles so far this summer. I attempted to mow again on Sunday, and I am still having issues. I have taken it apart, cleaned it, replaced parts and it still won't work long enough to do the entire lawn. I would love to replace it with a new John Deere rider, with a cup holder of course!

5. An in-ground pool in our backyard with a retractable roof over it. I mean, despite the fact that it is hotter than the hubs of hell outside today, we still live in Maine, and we all know that pool season is much shorter than we would like. If we put in a pool that had a roof over it, it would be able to be used year round, thus improving the resale value of our home at some point down the road. It's a win-win situation. If someone wanted to be our cabana girl (sorry honey!), that would be fine too, would be nice to have someone serve drinks, right!

As you can see, I don't really need much, so sort of ridiculous requests are all I can think of. If anyone has some money burning a hole in their pocket, please feel free to purchase any of the above for me! I'm just saying...