Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One of those days...

I know the answer, even before I ask the question, but I'm going to toss it out there just the same. You ever have one of those days? You know, the kind where nothing really goes the way you want it to. You hop in the shower only to realize you are out of soap. You pour a giant cup of coffee only to find no creamer in the fridge. You are running late for work and have to stop for gas for fear of having to "Flintstone's" your car down I295. You know what I'm talking about. Well, my day isn't quite to that level, but it is awful damn close.

Fortunately my day didn't hit that level until I walked into the office. Today was supposed to be the day I finished up the monthly reports, went over our insurance policies, cleaned up my email and reconciled some accounts. However, my computer is doing everything it can to work against me today. My printer, the single most important piece of equipment for me today, is being a jackass. I've tried swapping out with 3 other printers, all being giant piles of crap as well. Now I'm all flustered and cranky and my day is spinning out of control. I'm still getting stuff done, but not having the ability to print is putting a damper on things.

To make matters worse, I am the in house IT guy! I have tried everything I can think of, with no positive results thus far. Guess I will just be saving everything and ordering a new printer this afternoon. While we have plenty of printers sitting around this place, not too many of them work worth a damn, or they are already being used by someone. That on top of the fact that my laptop is the single worst computer in the company isn't helping my cause. I guess that is what I get for still, technically, being the new guy. I'm just saying...