Monday, May 17, 2010

Here's a fun(ny) rumor I recently heard...

As you all know, I'm a pretty big basketball fan. My beloved Boston Celtics are playing the Orlando Magic in the Eastern Conference Finals right now, after just taking out the Cleveland Cavaliers. Speaking of Cleveland, the talk of the NBA right now is all Lebron James, all the time. He is considered by many the best player in the game right now. His contract is up and he has the chance to leave town for a chance to try to lead a new team to a championship after failing several times to bring a title to Cleveland. They were the team to beat this year and they were ousted in the second round by the older Celtics. So what happened?

I'm not one to believe anything I read in gossip columns or on gossip related web sites, but this is just too funny. Word on the street is there was a bit of controversy in the locker room before Game 4. I can't confirm nor deny this rumor, but supposedly Lebron found out that Delonte West, the backup point guard, was sleeping with his mother. If this is true, this is one of the funniest things I have ever heard! Now, I don't know Delonte personally, but if you have ever seen him before, he looks like quite the thug. He is covered in, what appear to be, homemade tattoos. It literally looks like a 4 year old was given a pen and told to draw all over him. It's really bad. No, seriously, it's really bad.

Again, I'm not sure I believe this rumor. I just think it is incredibly funny and worth passing along. My understanding is that West is sort of a punk and a loose cannon, so it isn't exactly far fetched. I'm sure we will never know for sure if this is true or not, but you can bet that Lebron won't be trying to get Delonte to follow him to his new team in Chicago next season. I'm just saying...