Monday, August 24, 2009

Post 100, it's like a milestone or something...

This is post number 100. It's kind of hard to believe I wrote enough crap to fill up 99 other posts to this point. What's even more amazing is that people are still reading along! Feels like quite the milestone if you ask me.

It's been an interesting few days with regards to news stories that have come out, thought I might pass some along, with my commentary, some you may have heard about, some you may have missed...

- Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy passed away after battling brain cancer for the last year. Kennedy firmly believed in affordable, universal health care, and his long time dream may come true this year.

- A Wells, Maine woman pleads guilty of murdering her husband, by burning him in his sleep because he requested a divorce. Takes the whole "til death do us part" thing to a whole new level, eh!

- A chicken owner in Mount Vernon, WA shoots himself in the leg while hunting an opossum. Apparently the opossum had already killed 12 of his chickens, and he didn't want to loose any more. This wreaks of something that would happen on Trailer Park Boys, or up in Ashland, you know, up there in The County.

- Glenn Beck, of Fox News fame, accused president Barack Obama of being a racist on Monday. Now, Sarah Palin, via Facebook, is telling everyone that Glenn Beck is worth watching. While more people are tuning in to hear how Beck will react to the fallout from his comments, advertisers are pulling themselves from his program, and some from Fox News all together. Can someone please explain the Fox News slogan "fair and balanced" to me, because I appear to be missing something.

- Representative Barney Frank hosts a Town Hall meeting in Dartmouth, MA to discuss health care reform, and gives, what I think, is the quote of the year. A woman asks, "Why are you supporting this Nazi policy?" and Frank responds with "On what planet do you spend most of your time?" I'm, obviously, all for the First Ammendment, but scribbling a Hitler looking 'stache on Obama is downright stupid. Not only is it completely ignorant, it's also offensive. I salute you, Barney Frank. Thank you for making me smile as I play the video over and over again!

Just a few of the "highlights" from the past week or so. Thanks for reading the first 100 posts, and here's to 100 more, I'm just saying...