Friday, February 20, 2009

Want vs. need...

I found out recently that a good friend has sworn off drinking alcohol. I'm not sure how long he intends to do this for, or why he would even want to do this in the first place. I give him major credit, I'm not sure I could ever do the same. He is a much better person than I, as I would fail a day into it. However, this did get me thinking. Could I give up beer?! I mean, if I had to, could I really go without it?

I'm not sure I could to be honest with you. I wouldn't say it's because I am a functioning alcoholic, or dependent on booze. I just really enjoy the hell out of how it tastes. There is nothing better after a long day of work than a frosty cold Prelude in the winter. I'm not sure I could operate a grill properly in the summer without a perspiring tall can of PBR in my hand. I couldn't eat at GLB without getting my favorite Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.

My waistline would appreciate a break, but I say to hell with you waistline, booze and I are good friends and he is here to stay!