Thursday, February 5, 2009

Can they really still be called the New Kids on the Block?

So it has been brought to my attention recently that the New Kids on the Block are bringing the reunion tour to the Cumberland County Civic Center on March 25th, and a group of ladies, that shall remain nameless, are planning on being in attendance. One can only assume that Danny Wood or Jonathan Knight is running short on cash, right? I mean, Donnie Wahlberg is doing alright, Jordan Knight and Joey McIntyre had comebacks not to long ago, so they should be fine, right? The only other logical reason I can come up with is that they need an ego stroking. It's been a while since the ladies were all screaming their names as they danced around in their ripped jeans begging "Please Don't Go Girl".

Now that we have an idea of why they are coming back, the only question remaining is why are people going to see them? When they first hit the scene I was in fifth grade. I vividly remember this because I was actually a fan of them. As you can well imagine, I took a LOT of crap for this, but let me give you my reasons. The chicks loved them. They loved the idea that I was into something they were in to. Therefore, I was always hanging out with chicks! While my guy friends gave me crap, I was spending all kinds of time with the lovely ladies of the fifth grade. In the end, I was brilliant! Sorry, got a little distracted with my thoughts of yesteryear. The real question is this, why would a bunch of late 20, early 30 year old ladies want to go see the New Kids on the Block? I really don't know, but if I am smart, I will go with them!