Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Some things for you to chew on, but not literally, unless you print this off...

Busy day. Brain all over the place. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet. No clear train of thought. Random nuggets to discuss amongst yourselves. Enjoy...

Free Agency in the NBA starts tomorrow. It's gonna be interesting. I'm scared. Don't want to see my Celtics revert back to their mid 90's selves again. Remember Eric Montross, Dino Radja and Eric Williams. NO!!!!!!!! Where is Lebron James going? Does anyone really think Wade is leaving Miami? Are the Knicks or Nets going to get anybody? I mean, really, who wants to play for either one of those teams?

A New Hampshire man has been arrested 154 times for a variety of reasons. Really?! How the holy hell does that even happen? His criminal record includes eight trespass notices, 75 citations, four Social Security aliases and convictions for thefts, receiving stolen property, arson and criminal mischief. I wonder how much that guy has cost the state of New Hampshire? Probably cheaper just to put the career criminal away, right? Sheesh!

The Gulf Coast is about to get hit hard again, this time by both a hurricane, and more oil. I'm trying to figure out a couple of things here. How in the bloody hell is there still oil gushing, first of all. Seems to me that BP should have had some sort of plan in place that might actually work?! Don't give me that bs line about how the government is to blame, screw that, I'm not buying it. BP needs to get their collective shit together and figure this out. Second thing is, when do New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast just decide it's not worth it anymore and pack up and leave? They are constantly getting dumped on in one way or another.

Seriously, vampires? Ugh!

How awesome is all this sun! How awful is it that I spend 10-12 hours a day in either the office or in a car! Time to start thinking about a different line of work, one that allows me a little outdoor time. Or, I could always cash in on some of those vacation days they offer me. Hmmm...

A panel of people did a report regarding the arrest of Henry Louis Gates in his home in Cambridge, MA, and found that the whole situation could have been avoided. Well that is a big relief, for a minute there I thought that an arrest had to be made no matter what. You remember this story, right? Gates, a black Harvard scholar was arrested by a white Cambridge police officer after a confrontation last July. There was a reported burglary in the neighborhood, the police saw Gates, questioned him, and instead of simply answering the questions, Gates got all pissy and argumentative, cried racial profiling, and the officer arrested him. Had Gates just done what the officer asked him to do this whole situation could have been avoided. Thank god someone paid to have a study done, that makes me feel better. Idiots!

I just had lunch at Baja Hot Dog in Monument Square, and, um, AMAZING! Turkey dog, wrapped in bacon, with lettuce, tomato and mayo, the BLTD. So good and cheap, and the wild show (crazies at the Farmers Market) was free!

Still tired. So much work looking at me. Want to be in sun. Ugh. I'm just saying...