Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last post of 2009...

Another year in the books in just a few more hours. Hard to believe it's almost 2010! I remember, as a kid, thinking we would have flying cars and all our meals would be in liquid form by now. I thought we would all have our own personal transportation device that would bring us from point A to point B in a split second. I pictured a much more futuristic, science fiction like world. Boy was I wrong! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all, I like driving my Jetta through the snow and having to spend 30 plus minutes preparing a meal, oh, and that 35 minute commute each way too! Oh well...

With the new year brings those lovely resolutions. You know what I'm talking about, that thing you say you are going to do, and you never end up doing it, then the next year you swear you will do it this time, and you don't again. Yeah, new years resolutions are fun! Well, this year, I'm sticking to mine, come hell or high water! There are a handful of things I want to see happen in my life, and I'm going to see to it that they do, in fact, happen.

1. Get my lazy, lethargic, damn near whale like ass to the gym. I am going to frequent the Pineland YMCA so much they are going to give me my own locker and gym towel with my name embroidered on it. Having not played much soccer lately, oh, and having eaten my weight in Christmas treats over the past couple of weeks, I am in desperate need of some physical activity. I can't wait to get rid of this damn beer belly and see if I can actually possess those elusive six pack abs.

2. Get some projects done around the house. There are a handful of things that I want/need to get done around the homestead. We have enjoyed ourselves a good amount over the past couple of summers, and projects have been pushed aside. Well, I'm officially ready to get to work. There is talk of a mini Marcole in the not too distant future, so I would like to get a few things done in anticipation of that.

3. Move forward on a few business ventures we have been discussing internally at the ranch. We have a few ideas we have been toying with, and I would like to see us further pursue them, and maybe even see them come to fruition over the coming year. One of which is making more beer!

4. Get more involved in our local politics and town happenings. I love our little town of New Gloucester, and I would like nothing more than to become a bigger part of the community, whether it be as a town representative or something simple like being a part of the sports and recreation committee through the town.

I feel that all of my resolutions will make me a better man, father, husband and will move me closer to accomplishing some of my personal goals. 2010 is no longer the future, it's the here and now, and I will do what I can to make the most of it, even if we don't have flying cars! What about all of you? Any major changes you are contemplating taking on? Whatever you are planning, I wish you nothing but luck! Here's wishing you all a safe and Happy New Year! Thanks again for reading, reacting and responding, I freaking love doing this! I'm just saying...