Monday, January 11, 2010

May the duck quack on...


For those of you that were at the Marcole nuptials, you most likely remember Art Ducko posing for photo after photo with nearly all the guests in attendance. For anyone who follows my blog, you have surely seen comments from Art Ducko, always perfectly articulating his thoughts in response to the topic du jour. Well, the man behind Art Ducko passed away on Saturday, leaving behind many wonderful friends and even more lasting memories.

Nichole and I had only begun to scratch the surface in terms of getting to know Petro, but we both agree, there wasn't a kinder soul out there. I'll never forget the day we met him, sipping a PBR at the Juke Joint below Buck's Naked BBQ in Freeport, grooving to the IGYB. It was as if he had known us our whole lives the way he came up to us. He was a fan of music, photography, life, but above all else, people. He instantly became a dear friend to anyone that ever met him, and I consider myself extremely fortunate to fall into that category.

Here's hoping Petro is grooving with Jerry Garcia as we speak! I'm just saying...