Friday, January 22, 2010

My yearly sales pitch

Every year, there are two fundraising activities that I take part in, and they both happen to take place in January and February. My seven year old daughter is working her way up the ranks at the Girl Scouts. It has been a truly great experience for her so far. She is learning about working in a team, community involvement, and, of course, selling COOKIES! We are aiding Kerrigan in attaining her goal of 300 boxes of cookies sold, which would beat the 250 boxes she sold last year. Everyone loves Caramel deLites, Peanut Butter Patties and Thin Mints. Our friend Amelie has challenged anyone to try to beat her and her work crew's order of about 40 boxes of cookies. Both Nichole and I have order forms, so feel to check in with us if you are interested. We have to turn in the order forms by February 5th, so get back to us as soon as possible. Cookies will be at our house in early March, and we will get them to you then, which is when we can get your money ($3.50 per box).

The other fundraising event I am a part of is the annual Bowl For Kid's Sake through the Big Brother Big Sisters. This will be my fourth year participating, and it is something I really enjoy being a part of. The Big Brother Big Sisters do great things for disadvantaged children in the Greater Portland area. Nichole, a former Big Sister herself, is who got me involved in the first place. Seeing the good spending a few hours a week did to her little sister was a wonderful thing to see. That being said, the Big Brother Big Sisters can use every dollar they can get to continue to do great things for local children. Our team this year has set a goal of $2000, with my personal goal being $500. I have 483 Facebook friends. If every friend gave just over a dollar, I would easily reach my goal. If you can give $2, $5 or even $10, that is a huge help, not only to get me to my goal, but to the great people at Big Brothers Big Sisters. Every, please go to my personal site, and give as much as you can. Remember, it's a tax write off, and it helps a great local charity! I'm just saying...