Thursday, November 5, 2009

Need a cure for the soon to be winter time blues?

Woke up this morning to snow. Threw up. Cleaned up, regrouped and carried on with my day. Winter is, by far, my least favorite season. Why do I still live in Maine you ask? I'm starting to question that myself. Let's just say, thank god I have family and friends here, otherwise we would be setting up shop in either the west or the south.

Anyways, winter is clearly on its way, whether we like it or not. With that comes a change in activities. Backyard BBQ's turn into ski trips and hanging out at the beach becomes nights at the movies. For a winter enthusiast, Maine offers tons of snowmobile trails, skiing and ice skating. For those of us who don't participate in these activities, it's a bit of a slower season. Fortunately, I have found a great couples activity that you can share regardless of your love for the fluffy white snow. Couples night at PT's Showplace (formerly Platinum Plus and Mark's Showplace) is coming to Saturday nights! Now me and the wifey can get on stage and dance together, get a couple's lap dance and toss dollar bills at Lil' Bitsy and Tiny Tina together! I can't think of anything better to do as a couple. I mean, where else can you find that kind of good, wholesome entertainment on a Saturday night? Anybody know when the new Boondock Saints movie comes out? I'm just saying...