Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I want to give thanks for all the giving and thanks that I have been given and thanks for giving me the chance to give thanks back...

Thanksgiving is a great holiday. I mean, three football games on the television, more food than you would need for an entire week is sitting in front of you, spending time with family and friends, drinking beer and wine starting at noon time and a long weekend. How can you beat that? That's right, you can't. With all that in mind, I want to take time to pay homage to everything that I am thankful for.

1. I'm thankful for being employed. 2009 started out rather crappily on the job front, but it has turned out to be a great year for me in the working world. I'm doing what I love, and loving what I do. I'm also working on a couple of ideas to make 2010 even better!

2. I'm thankful for my wonderful wife and daughter. These two ladies are the reason I wake up with a smile on my face every day. I won the lottery with them, and can't tell you how lucky I am to be husband and father to them.

3. I'm thankful for my incredible parents, as well as my awesome in-laws. They are a great support system for me, always willing to give me a helping hand, whether it's over the phone or in person. They mean more to me than they will ever know.

4. I'm thankful for my wonderful sister and new brother in law down in Atlanta. I miss the hell out of them every day, and am super excited to see them very soon! I'm also thankful for my other brother in law and his new bride. We don't see you guys nearly often enough, but it's always great to get together.

5. I'm thankful for my grandparents up in The County. I know I don't get up to see you often (ever, I suck), but I cherish our visits when you come down. It's great to catch up on County gossip and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

6. I'm thankful for our wild and crazy dog. He may have way more energy than I wish sometimes, and I may be slightly allergic to him, but his excitement every time he sees us is priceless.

7. I'm thankful to have such amazing friends. Nichole and I are so lucky to have such a wonderful group of friends. Whether you are high school friends, college buddies, sports friends or friends through past and present jobs, we are so lucky to call you all friends. I've lost a couple of good friends over the years, but you will never be forgotten.

8. I'm thankful to be healthy. I love playing sports, doesn't matter what sport it is, I just want to be out there competing. I'm so lucky to be able to get out there and run around every week.

9. I'm thankful for 80's music. You have been the soundtrack to my life thus far, and you continue to make me smile. You may be ridiculous, you may even be kinda bad, but I still love ya!

10. I'm thankful for cheese sauce at the Great Lost Bear. You may be clogging my arteries with every french fry I eat, but damn you taste good! I also want to give bacon a shout out, you go so good with everything. You little rascal!

11. I'm thankful for beer. It's good. I mean really good. I might go get some shortly, and personally thank it for being so good.

12. I'm thankful for my iPhone. Seriously, you are amazing. You entertain me, you wake me up in the morning, you inform me when my fantasy teams score points. You even play my favorite songs for me. I hope we are together forever.

13. I'm thankful for Facebook. I'm able to stay up to date on all my friends and family, and they are able to see ridiculous pictures of me and hear about the mayhem and silly things we do.

14. I'm thankful for coffee and sugar free Red Bull. You have single handedly helped me through some long days after late nights in the home office. Sometimes burning the candle from both ends can be tiring, but you are always there to help me through. Keep up the good work so I can do the same!

15. I'm thankful for everyone that reads this. I love putting thoughts down, and you have given me an audience. I often ramble or rant, or talk about something you don't care about, but you keep reading, and I freaking love it. I am hoping to someday write for some sort of publication, but until then, thanks for all your support and comments. As long as I know you are reading I'll keep writing!

So, as you can see, I have much to be thankful for this holiday season. As I get ready to begin my long weekend, I ask that you all put you differences aside, be them family, friends, politics or sports, and be thankful for all the good in your life. Unless you like the Yankees, screw them! I'm just saying...