Friday, December 3, 2010

A few things I need help with on a Friday morning...

It's Friday morning, I'm tired after a rough sleeping week, and I find myself scratching my head over a few things. I'm not typically one to let silly things invade my thoughts at night and keep me awake, but some of the following may do exactly that. Honestly, I'm really confused, someone please help me!

Rush Limbaugh wants reparations from Native Americans for deaths from smoking tobacco. Wait, what?! Is he talking about the same Native Americans that we decimated with war and disease? The same Native Americans that settled here before us, we kicked them out, stole their land and took all the credit for discovering this land? The same Native Americans that have absolutely nothing to do with mass producing cigarettes, and make zero profit from the sales of tobacco? Rush, I understand that you are an entertainer, but you are really just a giant tool. How can you even say that with a straight face? You are a despicable man!

How come whenever I go in to a public restroom that has a urinal in it there is ALWAYS piss on the floor? How hard is it to aim and hit the rather large target that is a urinal? I understand how at a bar there might be some pee on the floor, dudes have a hard time standing still and their aim is a bit off, I get that. But every time I go to the bathroom and there is a urinal in it, there is piss on the floor. And not just some splash. It looks like someone just full on pissed on the floor. Why?!

Senator John McCain wanted to wait for a report to come out before deciding what he thinks we should do regarding the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. Well, the report came out stating that and flip flop McCain is at it again, stating that he thought the report was flawed because the Commander in Chief Barack Obama, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mullen are not qualified to determine whether the policy's repeal will harm the troops, in his opinion. Look, I've never served in the military, so I don't know what the big deal is, first of all. What I do understand, though, is that men and women that want to defend our country are being singled out because of what goes in in their personal lives. Here's something for you to think about McCain. You know how you don't like the personal choices that the homosexual soldier beside you has made? Guess what, he says the same thing about you. The only difference is that he isn't holding it against you. Let's cut the bullshit, stop judging people and come together for the common good.

Why do chain restaurants always have shitty beer selections? Sure, you can grab a Sam Adams, but, meh, it's alright. Do only people with no actual taste buds eat at chains? Why can't I get a Guinness a Dogfish Head or a Sierra Nevada? Why is the local beer always Shipyard Export? Why does Chili's still have Pumpkinhead on tap? Why did we go to a chain for drinks expecting something different? When is a good, non-chain, going to open near the mall for bastards like me that are Christmas shopping?

Another quick look into the mind that is mine. Again, not keeping me up all night, but certainly some head scratchers. Leg brain may be keeping me up a little at night, but that is a different story for a different day. I'm just saying...