Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cindy Lou Who, brave or crazy?

While lounging on the couch last evening watching the Jim Carrey version of How The Grinch Stole Christmas with Kerrigan, the memories of watching holiday movies as a child came flooding back to me. I remembering getting giddy with anticipation for Rudolph and Frosty, and my all time favorite, A Christmas Story. Now it seems like the whole Christmas movie market is grossly watered down. I mean, ABC Family is playing a different movie every day this month?! What happened to the handful or terribly animated shows we had, with a couple of old movies we had as kids?

Speaking of Christmas, have you all made your list for Santa? I did mine this morning, and I'll be putting it in the giant mailbox at the mall later. I really hope he gets it in time! I assume, since he has a helper at the mall (I know he isn't the real one, there are just too many malls for him to be at all of them), that he will get it in time to make me the things I really want. This year I put things on my list in order of most wanted down to would like to have but if I don't get it, it isn't the end of the world, but I really still, deep down, want to get it. My list looks like this...

1. The Patriots, Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox to all win a championship in the calendar year 2011. Things are looking good so far, at least on paper.

2. A 2011 Toyota Prius and/or a 2011 Toyota Tacoma. When you drive 50+ miles a day, a car that is great on gas is never a bad thing. As for the truck, I could ask for a trailer and a hitch for the CRV, but I'd much rather drive a new truck to the dump each weekend.

3. All of the necessary supplies to finish our basement. I have a man cave, but it can and will be much better soon. With Santa's help, much sooner.

4. A riding lawn mower. My current mower sucks, which I may have mentioned before. I'm not asking for a John Deere, unless the elves can make it happen.

5. A 4-wheeler with a plow on the front. This would work for me year round, since the plow would come off in the spring/summer/fall. I don't want to have to pay that douche, Tony, again. He sucks.

6. A Red Bull fridge and a years worth of Sugar Free Red Bull. With our schedules, we need this. Sorry Santa, a years worth will probably fill the sleigh!

7. A record contract. I can't sing or play an instrument, but I want to be famous. I figure if all of these worthless "musicians" can make millions selling shitty records, why can't I?!

8. Ownership of a funky dining/drinking establishment. I realize this isn't something you and the elves can whip together, but you know people, you can make this happen, right?

9. Diamond stud earrings. No, I don't have my ears, or anything else for that matter, pierced, but I would love to give some to my wife. I can't afford Cubic Zirconia earrings, so if you could hook a poor bastard up, that would be sick. I'm not talking huge, but 3 carats each ought to work. I don't want them turning her ears into those funky things some of those African tribes had in National Geographic magazines I saw when I was a kid!

10. Peace on earth. I know this is a stretch, especially as long as their are Democrats and Republicans, but I can dream, right. If you can make this happen, I promise I won't write any posts making fun of Sarah Palin or Glenn Beck for all of 2011, I swear!

I feel like it is a pretty modest list, especially when compared to some of the crazy lists I made when I was a kid, or the one my daughter made out of the American Girl catalog, damn that place is expensive! Here's hoping you all get everything on your list, just like I will! I'm just saying...