Monday, October 25, 2010

I noticed a few noteworthy notes...

As we get closer to the mid term elections next Tuesday, there are lots of things going on in the news these days. I could keep busy keeping you up to date on everything, but I'll just toss a few fun things your way today. Enjoy...

Did you hear about the Democratic candidate running for Governor in Rhode Island? Apparently he didn't get the endorsement from President Obama he was hoping for, so he has told the President to "shove it". Reminder to Frank "Shove it" Caprio, it's one week away from Election Day but you are free to go home now, there is nothing more for you to see here. I'm not suggesting that not getting the presidential endorsement would kill your campaign, but by telling the commander in chief to shove it, you just lost your base to the Independent and your chances of winning are quickly vanishing. Well done, dumbass.

Sony is no longer making the iconic Walkman that we all carried proudly back in the day. Remember those clunky music boxes? We would make our favorite mix tape and clip the Walkman onto our belt and groove to the music. Damn you Apple for making a much smaller, much better version that didn't require carrying your entire cassette tape collection, having to buy stock in Duracell, as well as wearing bulky headphones. The world was a much better place when the Walkman was king.

For those of you that were not aware, the rent is too damn high. Don't believe me? Ask this guy...

The World Series starts this week, did any of you know that? I know, who knew?! Turns out, the Texas Rangers and the San Francisco Giants not only are real baseball teams, but they are playing for the World Series title. Actually, I'm really happy for both teams and would have to say that I am rooting for the Texas Rangers. Something tells me though that this isn't the dream match up that both Fox and MLB were hoping for...

Again, these are just the tip of the news iceberg right now, but thought I would do my best to keep you informed. Don't forget to book your trip to Washington D.C. for this Saturday to attend the Rally to Restore Sanity with Jon Stewart. This is exactly what this country needs right now, a little sanity! I'm just saying...