Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I knew it was bad, but ewwwwww!

I'm not a big fan of McDonald's. I basically wrote it off after watching "Food, Inc" a few months ago, only having it once since, and even then I think I had a hard time finishing it. Now, I'm officially done. Like, done done. Curious to know why? I know you are, you are just dying to find out, aren't you? Here we go...

Click here and read the caption on the picture to the right? Yup, you are reading that correctly. An artist and photographer from New York City bought a Happy Meal back in April and left it out in her kitchen in an effort to see how it would hold up over time, and by time I mean six months. Turns out not much changes, with the exception of it getting harder over time. The burger and fry have been sitting out, in the open, and have not even grown any mold, none. What?! How is that even possible? In fact, Sally Davies, the woman doing the experiment claims that "the food is plastic to the touch and has an acrylic sheen to it." NASTY!

Now, this isn't shocking news, we all knew McDonald's wasn't good for us, but this brings it to a whole new level for me. When even the bread stays mold free, something is wrong! I've noticed how quickly a loaf of bread made by a local bakery goes bad, and how long a cheap loaf from Wal-Mart lasts, but those are usually left wrapped in plastic. This was left out in the open, and still no mold. That is wrong in so many ways. It must have enough preservatives in it to mummify your insides when you eat it, right? I'm just saying...