Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Some recent observations by Team IJS...

My staff here at Team I'm Just Saying... is incredible. These people don't sleep, one guy hasn't eaten in a week, and one has a slight addiction to Red Bull, but they are on top of their game. They do so much research for me, you wouldn't even believe it. I mean, these blogs don't just write themselves. A lot of hard work and thought go into each and every post. Remember that day I wrote about Your Mom jokes, that was tough stuff! Anyways, in honor of all the hard work put in, I'm going to go over some recent news stories of interest they have put together. Enjoy our slant...

Ricky Martin came out of the closet. Good for you Ricky, you can finally admit what the entire world has known for years. And thank you for never letting Livin' La Vida Loca leave my head. Ugh!

Levi Johnston, the baby daddy of Sarah Palin's grandson, is making a pitch for his own reality show in Alaska. The idea is sort of Entourage meets Alaska. The only difference being Levi isn't a star. Plus, we can all watch Trailer Park Boys for the same basic plot.

Anyone pick correctly the Final Four this year? I sure as shit didn't. In fact, in the 4 different brackets I filled out, I only have 1 team on one bracket, West Virginia. That's it. 0-4 on three brackets, and 1-4 on the other. Screw you Georgetown, Kansas and Villanova. I didn't like you before, and I like you less now.

Our cat broke our toaster last night. The little bastard had climbed into the cupboard to shred through a bag of wheat pasta and fell, tearing the door off the toaster and shattering it into about a thousand tiny shards of glass. Now, let me remind you that he did this for dry pasta that was in an unopened bag in the cupboard. We seriously have to put child locks on our cupboards so that our cat Jethro (Beverly Hillbillies reference) won't eat us out of house and home. Which reminds me, cat for sale!

Do March showers bring April flowers? Also, March started with a nasty rain storm if I recall. Shouldn't it be ending with nice weather, or is that whole "in like a lion out like a lamb" line a sham? If this crap keeps up we are going to park the car and start kayaking to work. Which makes me wonder, would you need to put money into the meter for a kayak, or would you have to park it in front of Dunkin Donuts at One City Center, you know, where they have the moped parking section?! Oh, the things that keep me up at night.

Nichole just picked up a bartending shift at Buck's Naked BBQ in Freeport. I think everyone should go visit her on Saturday nights, and tip her well. I mean, unless you want to just donate money directly to the "Pay Marcole's Bills Fund", whichever is easier for ya. Seriously though, pretty cool that she was able to find a cool gig at a place with good grub and some fun bands. Now to motivate myself to run and get crap done around the house when she is working, you know, instead of watching Family Guy marathons and practicing for my future appearance on the Wheel of Fortune.

I think the real reason John Boehner is upset about the passing of the health care bill is because of the 10% increase on tanning booth visits. I don't care what side of the aisle you are on, that dude gets too much sun!

So anyways, just a few observations by the team here at IJS... Of course, there is no team here, it's just me, but I can't help but dream about one day having a crew that does all my research for me. Maybe they can feed me and hand wash my underwear too! A guy can dream, right! I'm just saying...