Thursday, September 30, 2010

I have a poop mouth, but I'm not running for Governor...

I'm not going to play that whole holier than though crap, I won't do it. I have what I would call a poop mouth. I curse like a trucker, I'm not going to lie about it. If I had to put a quarter in a swear jar after each time I tossed out a bad word, I'd be adding about $15.00 a week I bet. That being said, it doesn't really matter how much I swear, I'm not running for Governor. Which reminds me, there is one guy running for Governor in Maine, and he may swear more than me, and, to me, that is kind of a big deal.

Paul LePage ran away from home at the age of 11 and lived on the streets of Lewiston. He worked a variety of odd jobs, basically taking care of himself. He later went to Husson College, graduating with a B.S. in Business Administration and later earned an MBA from the University of Maine. He is currently the Mayor of Waterville and the General Manager of Marden's, a surplus and salvage store with 14 locations in Maine. Now add to that running for Governor of Maine. While he started out as a street kid, he is far from those days today. However, he still considers himself a street kid, and has the mouth of one to boot. It all started a few weeks back when LePage got annoyed by a question that was asked of him by a reporter at a press conference. "Let's stop the bullshit" was the first hit song on his greatest hits album, coming out in November. Now, despite an actual video of the exchange, he later told Howie Carr it never happened. Oh, a liar and a poop mouth artist!

His second single from the previously mentioned greatest hits album came out on Sunday. While speaking to a group of lobstermen in Mid Coast Maine, he said that "you're going to see a lot of me on the front page saying "Governor LePage tells Obama to go to hell.". Now, spin that any way you want to, but he clearly said he plans on telling President Obama to go to hell. Oh good! I don't want to hear about how citizens said that and worse about President Bush, you are comparing apples to oranges. For me to say that about President Bush is one thing. For someone running for public office, it's a different animal all together. If you don't have respect for the man, fine, but have respect for the position, regardless of who it is. Or, here's a crazy thought, just keep that thought to yourself.

The newest single to come out is brand new, and another good one! While speaking to Jennifer Rooks on Maine Watch, Jennifer informs LePage that there are a couple of radio reporters that want to speak with him after she is done and he says that he doesn't want to talk to them. After hearing who they are, he proceeds to say that he "is about ready to punch A.J. Higgins". Now, he may have been joking, maybe not. I'm not sure. He is grinning, but that could mean many things. Either way, as a gubernatorial candidate, don't say you are about ready to punch anybody, even if you are joking!

Now, perhaps it's obvious I am not a fan of LePage at this point. If it wasn't obvious, let me be the first to tell you, I'm NOT A FAN of Paul LePage. I think he would make Maine the butt of many jokes on The Daily Show or Letterman with his repeated outbursts and poorly worded comments. I realize that many Mainers are upset with the way things have been going on in Augusta, hell, I'm mad. Spending has been out of control. Taxes are high. It's next to impossible to start a business here with the high energy and health care costs. I completely understand why people are mad, but that doesn't mean we need a poop mouth blowhard. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell he could bring both Democrats and Republicans together to work on anything. That is the biggest issue for me here. In this political climate, there is a lot of hate for the other side going on. We need to put that shit behind us and work together if we want to make Maine the way life should be. I'm just saying...