Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just to clear things up...

Contrary to popular belief (or at least that of Mr. Cyr), I was actually born in the County. I did, so I'm told, spend a year in Iceland. I was a Navy brat, so we lived in a few places outside the tall walls of the AC (Aroostook County). Spent about a year in Virginia Beach learning as much as possible about car jackings and rap music, a year in Iceland entertaining at parties for my parents, some time in the Brunswick area pretending to be Bo Duke with my buddy Matt (miss ya buddy), then settled back in up in the thriving metropolis of Fort Fairfield.

I did read that the country of Iceland has filed for bankruptcy. You read that right, the COUNTRY has filed for bankruptcy. This, of course, can only mean one thing... Best time to visit! Their dollar is worthless, and they have some very cool spots, such as the Blue Lagoon, a geothermal pool and Gullfoss, a sweet waterfall. On the other hand you have Fort Fairfield. There isn't a whole lot to go see in the old FF these days. Then again, was there ever?! The best thing to check out there now is the FFHS boys and girls hoops teams, both of which are still undefeated! Looking good for a high seed in Bangor - http://www.mpa.cc/bbasketballhptemplate.html#tbl_4