Thursday, May 17, 2012

I'm no Casey Kasem, but here are my top 10 favorite songs

I constantly find myself trying to determine what my favorite songs are, and to be honest, the list changes depending on my mood and what is going on in my life.  That said, there are a few songs that I always go to, always turn up when they come on, or just genuinely love.  This list is sort of all over the place, but I think that summarizes my musical interests fairly well.  In no particular order, they are...

10. Possum Kingdom - The Toadies  -  I just love this song.  Always have, always will.

9. Regulate - Warren G feat Nate Dogg  -  Try not to sing along to this song, seriously. 

8. Elderly Woman Behind A Counter In A Small Town - Pearl Jam  -  Great song by an incredible band.

7. Bubble Toes - Jack Johnson  -  The first song Kerrigan could sing along with.  It was priceless, and I always smile just thinking about it.

6. Two Step - Dave Matthews Band  -  My original favorite song from DMB, only got better after seeing it live on several occasions.

5. In Bloom - Nirvana  -  I can't have a list without Nirvana on it, they changed my musical world when they hit the scene, and this was always my favorite of theirs.

4. Shakedown Street - Grateful Dead  -  I will never forget hearing this for the first time.  I was at an all night disco tent at Lemonwheel (Phish festival in Limestone, ME) when it came on.  You should have seen me dancing!

3. Waste - Phish  -  One of my favorite bands of all time, and I just love this song. 

2. Love Of A Lifetime - Firehouse  -  A cheesy song from the 80's, which is enough to make me love it, but it is also the first song Nichole and I danced to at our wedding.  Enough said.

1. Thriller - Michael Jackson  -  No explanation necessary!


There are so many other songs that are close, but these are my absolute go to songs.  Some day I'll do a top 50, which will cover songs by Bob Dylan, Soul Coughing, Matt Costa, Beastie Boys and many more.  Until then, tell me some of yours, I'd love to find out if others have similar interests.  I'm just saying...