Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Today, I'm a bit of a rambling man...

I've been out of this blogging game for a while now.  Life is busy, and writing took a backseat.  I'm back, bitches!  Well, at least for today.  See, it's that time of year that I get really annoyed, and I can't help but say something.  I'd go to Twitter, but 140 characters just won't suffice.  I might need 160 characters for this post.  Here we go...



Ferguson Unrest.  Rioting is stupid.  I think it is dumb when fans of sports teams do it.  I think it is dumb when political protesters do it.  I think it is dumb when white people do it, and I think it is dumb when black people do it.  If you don't like an outcome, don't ruin your own damn neighborhood or town.  Don't use your disagreement as an excuse to cause some trouble.  Use that anger in a positive manner.  Start a charity.  Set up a benefit.  Create a video or write a blog.  Channel that energy in a positive direction, because you will get way more bang for your buck.  Burning businesses and looting is just a chickenshit response, and you not only lose the respect of the community at large, you don't truly honor the memory of Michael Brown.  
All of that being said, racism DOES exist.  Whether or not race played a part in the killing of Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager by a white Ferguson police officer, Darren Wilson, we will never really know.  But, what all of this has shown me is that racism is still alive.  Look at any comment section on any story about this death.  It will sicken you.  I want to live in a world where we don't see color.  I want to live in a world where we are all treated equal.  Unfortunately, race is here, and it is a constant.  To quote Jon Stewart, "You're tired of hearing about it? Imagine how f--ing exhausting it is living it."


"War on Christmas".  I call it a Christmas tree.  I don't care what you call it.  If you want to call it a holiday tree, please do.  If you prefer to say Happy Holidays, I'm fine with that, too!  There is NO WAR ON CHRISTMAS!  There are radio stations that play Christmas music 24/7 starting in November.  Department stores inundate us with Christmas commercials and merchandise starting pretty much right after Halloween.  Television channels are showing Elf, Christmas Vacation and The Santa Clause on repeat already.  Can we please stop this nonsensical claim that there is a war on Christmas?  YOU celebrate whatever you want.  I'll celebrate what I want.  If you have enough time on your hands to get upset over how I extend pleasantries this time of year, I have a ton of data entry I need done, and a laundry list of projects around my house.  I will gladly help you put that time to a much better use. 



Just a few ramblings from my mind today.  Perhaps you'll see more of me in the future.  Perhaps you don't want to.  Perhaps I don't care.  I'm kidding, of course I care.  I'm just saying...